The Headteacher, Staff and Governors work together to provide a school where each child is important and feels valued. We aim to help the children to develop a positive and confident attitude to themselves and their work by appreciating and rewarding their achievements.
We aim for high standards of attainment, providing a broadly based and balanced curriculum.
Our school aims to:
- Provide a safe and secure school whilst maintaining an open, informal relationship with parents and the community style
- Help children have a positive and confident attitude towards themselves and a belief in their abilities in order to achieve their full potential.
- Help children to learn tolerance and respect for other people, their beliefs and their belongings.
- Encourage each child to be independent and also learn to work and play co-operatively with others in an atmosphere of friendliness, enthusiasm and fun.
- Celebrate at every opportunity in the success of our children.
- Provide opportunities to learn, succeed and be happy that are equal for all children regardless of ability, gender, race or special need.
- Set high standards of attainment providing a broadly based and balanced curriculum giving our children the concepts, knowledge and skills to be confident in their world.
The DfE have recently reinforced the need “to create and enforce a clear and rigorous expectation on all schools to promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.” The government set out its definition of British values in the 2011 Prevent Strategy, and these values have been reiterated by the Prime Minister.
Please see below the how we will instil these values in the children who attend Burnhope Primary.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.