SENCO and SEN Staff
Our SENCO is Mrs Lyn Adamson (Headteacher)
More details of the SENCO’s role can be found in the SEN Policy which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.
External Specialists and Other Bodies
The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
- Durham County Council Local Offer
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- Educational Psychologist
- Traveler Support Services
- Speech and Language Therapist
- Occupational Health
- Cognition and Learning Team
How We Secure Specialist Expertise
Our Additional Needs Budget is used to support children and young people with SEN. In 2018/19 this amount is £31,314.81.
This is used to support children and young people with SEND by:
- Providing support staff to work with children with SEN
- Provide training for staff
- Purchase resources for children with SEN (ear defenders, weighted vest, wedge cushions, intervention programmes)
- Buy into services from specialist services such as Educational Psychology Service, Cognition and Learning Team, Autistic Spectrum Condition Team, additional Speech and Language Therapy.
If a child has complex special educational needs, we could also receive additional funding from the Local Authority to meet the agreed outcomes.